We have an immediate vacancy for an Office Manager & Senior Technical Assistant (Paraplanner) to work in our office based in Exeter. The role is on a permanent and full-time basis and will report to the directors. Salary is competitive and subject to negotiation with the successful applicant. This role would suit a candidate seeking a position in a boutique wealth management business working as part of a small, friendly team.
Seabrook Clark are award-winning Chartered Financial Planners and Discretionary Fund Managers based in Exeter. The firm prides itself on giving clients a unique experience. We are committed to providing a complete bespoke wealth management service built on a long-term relationship. This includes professional independent and trusted investment, pension and tax saving advice tailored to a client’s individual circumstances.
At the leading edge of investment, pension and prudent tax planning, we provide an approachable and friendly service, drawing on the latest technology to ensure seamless communication and efficiency.
We are dedicated to treating our clients like a member of our family.
The Office Manager and Senior Technical Assistant will manage the client journey from first point of contact from a new client to undertaking business, ensuring relevant staff are engaged, follow and develop robust company procedures and protocol and produce relevant and accurate documentation at each stage of the process.
The applicant will be a self-starter, expected to have a high level of independent responsibility, as well as being involved in a wide range of client related work.
The candidate would be expected to undertake further professional training and development as required. This is a key role in which the candidate will work with financial advisers and directors in shaping the direction of the firm. The role will evolve and grow in line with company expansion.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Lead, support and develop the administration and technical team.
- Organise and co-ordinate administration and paraplanner workload to ensure timely completion of work and deadlines are met.
- Writing reports and technical analysis for clients in accordance with the firm’s FCA compliance regime.
- Communication with clients by telephone, letter, email and face-to-face.
- Ensure the office CRM system (Intelligent Office) is kept compliant and up-to-date.
- Create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organisational effectiveness, communication and client satisfaction.
- Keep directors updated on operational issues.
Skills, Qualifications and Attributes
- Hold as a minimum the Diploma in Financial Planning or equivalent (RO1-RO6).
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Ethical, honest and compliant.
- Confident, organised and self-starter with excellent time management.
- Passionate to treat clients like member of family.
- Ability to lead a team as well as develop less experienced members of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both with clients and staff.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all aspects of the office.
- Strong IT office skills including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong letter writing skills including grammar and spelling.
- Strong numeracy skills and analytical capability with commercial experience and judgement.
- Willing to ask questions if unsure.
- Provide a point of contact for clients and providers as appropriate.
- Ambitious to support the development and success of the firm.
How to apply for the role
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 11 August 2017.
Any job offer is subject to satisfactory references, evidence of qualifications held, DBS check and confirmation of financial solvency.