Financial Planner, Exeter
The role is on a full-time employment basis and will report to the line manager or directors.
Seabrook Clark is an award-winning Chartered Financial Planners and Discretionary Fund Managers based in Exeter. The firm prides itself on offering clients a unique experience. We are committed to providing a complete bespoke wealth management service built on a long-term relationship. This includes professional independent and trusted investment, pension and tax planning advice tailored to a client’s individual circumstances.
We are dedicated to providing an approachable and friendly service and treating our clients like a member of our family.
The Financial Planner will be an experienced individual, responsible for providing independent financial and investment advice to an established and well managed client bank. They will focus on maintaining long term relationships whilst upholding the highest ethical standards. They will follow and develop company procedures and protocols and produce relevant and accurate documentation at each stage of the process.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and will be expected to demonstrate a high level of independent responsibility.
The candidate will also be expected to undertake further professional training and development as required. This is a key role in which the candidate will work with the directors in shaping the direction of the firm. The role has potential to evolve and grow in line with company expansion.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide clients with independent financial and investment advice.
- Conducting in-depth reviews of clients’ financial circumstances, current provisions, future aims and attitude to risk.
- Analysing information and preparing plans best suited to the clients’ individual requirements.
- Assisting clients to make informed decisions.
- Oversee written reports and technical analysis for clients in accordance with the firm’s FCA compliance regime.
- Communication with clients by telephone, letter, email and face-to-face (either at their own home, business or at the Seabrook Clark offices).
- Co-ordinate with the administration and technical teams to manage workload and ensure timely completion of work and meeting of deadlines.
- Keep up to date with financial products and legislation and comply with the FCA regulatory aspects of the role.
- Ensure the office CRM system (Intelligent Office) is kept compliant and up to date.
- Contribute towards maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organisational effectiveness, communication and client satisfaction.
- Keep directors updated on operational issues.
Skills, Qualifications and Attributes
- Hold as a minimum the Diploma in Financial Planning or equivalent (RO1-RO6).
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, including extensive client-facing experience
- Ethical, honest and compliant.
- Demonstrate a commitment towards personal development in terms of skills and obtaining further qualifications.
- Confident, organised and a self-starter with excellent time management.
- Passionate about treating clients like member of the family.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both with clients and staff.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all aspects of office work.
- Strong IT office skills including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Intelligent Office an advantage but not essential.
- Strong letter writing skills including grammar and spelling.
- Strong numeracy skills and analytical capability with commercial experience and judgement.
- Willing to ask questions if unsure.
- Ambitious to support the development and success of the firm.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Please apply to email@example.com